Oh, yeah! The dog days of summer are here. While it’s easy to want nothing more than to stay indoors sitting next to an AC, we know that’s not always a possibility…or even the healthiest thing to do.
Which is why we thought we’d share some of the fun summer finds that caught our attention from the “225 Things to Do In An Around Baton Rouge” list from VisitBatonRouge.com.
Of course, you can add an extra dose of fun to these outings by getting a whole group of family and friends together and booking one of our luxury shuttle buses. And YES — they are, of course, air conditioned. You’ll always travel in comfort when you choose Riverside. 🙂
Summer Fun in Baton Rouge: 5 Ideas
1. Red Stick Farmers’ Market. Nothing says summer like a farmers’ market. What’s cool about this one is that it’s open year round on Saturday mornings from 8 to noon, rain or shine. Stop by this summer for some of the freshest produce around and cook up a yummy lunch or dinner that’s 100 percent Baton Rouge.
2. Highland Road Park Observatory. Who doesn’t love star gazing this time of year? This is an especially fun outing if you have kids — inspire their inner astronomers at the Highland Road Park Observatory. Best part? As the website notes, admission is “generally free.” (Some programs may have a nominal fee.)
3. Tiki Tubing. Think you can’t beat the Louisiana heat? Think again and try tubing. It’s a fun way to spend a hot summer’s day. (Another great option for kids or a large group.)
4. The Louisiana State Capitol Building. Looking for a more educational excursion steeped in history? Tour the Louisiana State Capitol Building. Be sure to stop by the Old Arsenal Museum while you’re there.
5. LSU Museum of Art. Have a side of culture with your air conditioning. The LSU Museum of Art is a great way to spend an afternoon or weekend. There are always different programs coming up and lots of delish dining options to make it a fun escape from the daily grind.
What are some ways that you beat the Louisiana heat? Be sure to like us on Facebook and share your ideas there.
And, as always, let us know how we can serve you during these hot summer months. Whether it’s airport transportation, safe rides for a fun night out, a group outing to New Orleans (or elsewhere), we can help. Contact Riverside Limousines now.